Mon, Oct 21|
New Bilibid Prison
32nd Prison Awareness Week
Support and join us in celebrating the Prison Awareness Week this year. We will be distributing gift packs to the visitor-less, indigent, sick and old inmates inside the various security compounds in the New Bilibid Prison (NBP) and also in the Correctional Institute for Women (CIW).
Time & Location
Oct 21, 2019, 8:00 AM – Oct 27, 2019, 5:00 PM
New Bilibid Prison, Sampaguita Road, Muntinlupa City, National Capital Region 1776, Poblacion, Muntinlupa, Metro Manila, Philippines
About the event
Various activities are lined up for the celebration that include engagements of different institutions and communities inside NBP and CIW. Hence, we invite YOU to join us in our gift giving activities:
- October 22, Tuesday - Reception and Diagnostic Center (RDC)
- October 23, Wednesday - Maximum Security Compound and NBP Hospital
- October 24, Thursday - Minimum Security Compound
- October 25, Friday - Medium Security Compound
- October 26, Saturday - Correctional Institute for Women (CIW)
- October 27, Sunday - Prison Awareness Masses in all the security compounds
With the increasing number of inmates in the NBP and CIW (population of 27,880 and 3,220 respectively as of July 2019), the giving of gift packs continues up to this day. Our goal this year is to increase our funding in order to cater to the 30% (8,500 PDL's) of the total population during the weeklong celebration. Our priority are the visitor-less, indigent, sick and old inside the security compounds. Hence, we wish to invite YOU to support us in our efforts in the holistic rehabilitation for our incarcerated brethren by donating:
1) IN-KIND. We accept in-kind donations with the following suggested items:
- Toiletries (e.g. bath soap, laundry soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste)
- Personal Hygienic Accessories (e.g. face/bath towel, underwear, slippers, plain shirt)
- Food Items (e,g, rice, canned goods, biscuits, 3in1 coffee, powdered milk, eggs)
- OTC (over the counter medicines)
2) CASH. You can support our cause financially. Please note that the PJPSFI is a duly accredited institution by the Philippine Council for NGO Certification (PCNC). Thus, all monetary donations are tax-deductible.
Again, we INVITE YOU and your community to visit the NBP or CIW any time during our weeklong celebration. May this event provide us more experiential knowledge as we witness the realities inside the prison.